What are SSL Certificates?
SSL Certificates are digital certificates that guarantee the authenticity and security of a website. They enable a secure, encrypted connection between the server and the client, thus protecting the transmitted data from unauthorized access.
Types of SSL Certificates
There are different types of SSL Certificates including:
- Domain Validated (DV) certificates
- Organization Validated (OV) certificates
- Extended Validation (EV) certificates
- Wild card certificates
- Multi-Domain (SAN) Certificates
Benefits of SSL Certificates
SSL certificates offer the following advantages:
- Secure data transfer
- Trustworthy image for your website
- Better ranking in search engines
- Protection against phishing attacks